Community Bulletin Board
If you have items for our Community Bulletin Board, please e-mail them to email@example.com. Noteworthy items include awards, changes of address, job postings and other announcements. Due to space limitations, we are unable to include fundraisers.
Director of Development-J. Wood Platt Caddie Scholarship Trust The J. Wood Platt Caddie Scholarship Trust (JWP) is the charitable arm of the Golf Association of Philadelphia (GAP) and operates formally under GAP management while maintaining its own Trustees and employees. JWP’s mission, which has remained constant since its inception in 1958, is to financially aid deserving caddies at GAP Member Clubs in their pursuit of higher education. In the last 60 years, more than 3,500 young men and women received $22 million in educational grants to attend the college or university of their choice.
The Trust has experienced rapid growth in recent years; expanding its team to include three new staff members while introducing youth leadership programming and caddie advocacy efforts. For more information on JWP, please visit PlattScholar.org.
Reporting to the GAP Executive Director and working closely with staff and board leadership, the Director of Development will provide hands-on management of an integrated giving plan to increase donor engagement. The Director will have direct responsibility for meeting an annual revenue goal in excess of $2 million while strengthening fundraising infrastructure and enhancing the culture of philanthropy among constituencies.
To Apply: Send Resume and Cover Letter to: Lindsay Myers firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Director, Planned Giving Thomas Jefferson University Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Development (AVP) for Planned Giving in the Office of Institutional Advancement, the Senior Director for Planned Giving builds upon the strengths of an established planned giving fundraising program and increases the visibility and impact of the planned giving program across the Enterprise including Center City, East Falls, Abington, Northeast, New Jersey, Magee and Einstein. They provide guidance for all aspects of planned giving activities, including identification, qualification, cultivation; solicitation; closure; and stewardship of assigned prospects as well as overseeing the stewardship program for the Society of 1824 – the planned giving recognition society.
The Senior Director will oversee the administration of all planned gifts including trusts and annuities, working with the general counsel and finance offices as well as outside financial institutions and advisors. They will maintain an active portfolio of key planned giving prospects and will concentrate on building, overseeing and executing a planned giving program focusing on grateful patients and university alumni.
- 7-9+ years of direct or related fundraising experience, preferably with experience in a medical center, healthcare or higher education.
- A demonstrated record of successful planned gifts fundraising including identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation of $250K to $1M individual gifts.
- Proven experience in cultivating and maintaining relationships with individual planned and leadership gift prospects, and nurturing volunteer board relationships. Proven experience in the successful management of prospect pool.
- Fundraising experience in a variety of functional areas. Particular strength in the area of planned gifts development is essential. Well-versed in planned giving concepts and familiarity with annual giving is desirable.
- Oversight of an assigned constituency or program. Responsibility for an operating plan in collaboration with a dean or department head. Experience in strategy execution and goal achievement is essential.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills. Possesses the ability to work independently as well as cohesively a member of a team.
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Experience with database and planned giving specific software systems, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with both internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to articulate, both written and orally a compelling case for major philanthropic support for medicine programs, presenting objectives persuasively to potential donors.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with Jefferson’s core values.
- Ability to develop trust and collaborative working relationships with colleagues and across an organization.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented with strong service mentality.
- Experience with database software systems and Microsoft Office. Excellent oral, written, and communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with both internal and external constituencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required, advanced study or law degree is strongly desirable.
Director of Communications and Marketing-American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) is looking for an experienced leader to drive ABHMS’ overall mission by enhancing branding, leading on storytelling and ensuring consistent messaging across the entire organization. The Director of Communications and Marketing (DCM) sets and guides the overall strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate the ABHMS core mission. The Director of Communications and Marketing will ensure that ABHMS is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within this diverse network and constituent base.
The Director of Communications and Marketing works closely with a senior peer group (the Leadership Team and Program Directors) as a collaborative partner on a variety of strategic initiatives designed to advance the ABHMS core missional strategy.
The Director of Communications and Marketing supervises a team of communications and marketing professionals with various skill sets; and this position is based at the ABHMS’ corporate offices at the Leadership and Mission Building, located in King of Prussia Pa. This is a full-time position and reports directly to the Executive Director of ABHMS.
The Director of Communications and Marketing (DCM) oversees the flow of communication and information between ABHMS and the public. The DCM’s primary responsibility is to develop and implement the communications and marketing strategies for ABHMS—including the publishing ministry, Judson Press—and oversee all official communications and marketing campaigns. The successful Director of Communications and Marketing will be a strong leader who is able to directly impact the operational excellence of the ABHMS Communications and Marketing team and the organization as a whole.
Executive Assistant-VITA Education Services The lead adult literacy agency in Bucks County and largest provider of education programs at the Bucks County Correctional Facilities. The Executive Assistant will provide support to the Executive Director. Duties include office management, public relations, IT systems, website maintenance, recruitment of students and volunteers, Board and staff communications, and program support. The qualified applicant will have a Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field, minimum of three years of experience in administrative support, preferably in non-profit educational setting. For full details and application instructions, go to Job Opportunities – Vita Education.
Network for Victim Assistance (NOVA): NOVA (Network of Victim Assistance) is the comprehensive victim services organization in Bucks County, PA. With a 47-year history, NOVA has expanded to include a continuum of prevention and direct services to prevent and address the needs of victims of sexual abuse and other serious crimes. NOVA is known across many disciplines and the community at large for its exceptional services and professionalism. As a mature and fiscally sound organization, sustainability is key to our future success — serving all victims who need assistance, educating the community at large on violence prevention in our community, and providing top-ranked professional training.
For full position descriptions and information about applying, visit: https://novabucks.org/about/employment/
Family Service Association (FSA): At Family Service, we work collaboratively to provide compassionate services and utilize evidence-based practices to improve outcomes to every client, every time. We believe all individuals are deserving of respect and dignity. We are committed to working with the most vulnerable individuals and families in Bucks County. Be a part of our team of dedicated staff and join us in our mission: To listen, care, and help. Every day.
For full position descriptions and information about applying, visit: Employment | Family Service (fsabc.org)
Board of Director Position Opportunities:
Roxy Therapy Dogs Board Member Opportunity-more information to follow
Copier to donate:
This fabulous black and white copier is free to anyone who is able to pick it up from New Hope. It has been in storage for a couple of years and would need to be cleaned and serviced by a professional. Contact Kristine Quinby if you’re interested or would like additional information.
FCP Conversations Online
Foundations Community Partnership Announces: FCP Conversations Online: Bucks County Non-Profit Leaders
We’re delighted to announce the launch of “FCP Conversations Online” a new digital broadcast series!
Each Conversation Online features a non-profit leader in Bucks County. The purpose of the broadcast is to educate the community about today’s issues, local programs that are making a difference, and how anyone can be part of the solution.
Click on the “listen” to jump to our Youtube channel or view the latest interviews below! Once you’re there, be sure to click on “subscribe” so you won’t miss an episode!
Numerous nonprofits have indicated to us that they are in search of Board members with various backgrounds. If you have an interest in joining a Board, please let the Catalyst Center for Nonprofit Management know and we will help to match you up with a nonprofit whose mission you are interested in.