Community Bulletin Board
If you have items for our Community Bulletin Board, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Noteworthy items include awards, changes of address, job postings and other announcements. Due to space limitations, we are unable to include fundraisers.
Resource Development Director Hepatitis B Foundation – The Resource Development Director is responsible for obtaining funds and resources required to support the programs to fulfill our mission. This includes the design, executive management, and implementation of a comprehensive development program, with clear fundraising goals, leading to diversification and growth of philanthropy. The Director will set and achieve fundraising goals; maintain, build, and grow programs to increase the donor base; and secure financial support for the HBF and BSBI, and support sponsorship activities for PABC. The Director supervises development staff, reports directly to the HBF President, and works in strong collaboration with the communications and events teams.
• Collaborate with senior management to develop and implement a comprehensive annual fundraising plan to achieve budgeted goals for philanthropic support.
• Provide leadership for, and actively participate in, donor and constituent cultivation and relationships. Serve as a representative in the community to build and maintain relationships.
• Set accountable, goal-oriented outcomes for development.
• Lead expansion of philanthropic funding through individual giving, major gifts, & digital initiatives (including appeals).
• Research prospects, develop relationships, prepare proposals for private foundations and philanthropic funds.
• Work with Events Director to expand the annual gala and increase its fund-raising/friend-raising potential.
• Engage and guide Board members in meaningful development; lead the Board development committee.
• Work collaboratively across the organization and with multiple external audiences.
• Supervise fundraising staff, oversee the donor database, and collaborate to create fundraising materials.
• Develop and manage the annual development budget; other duties as assigned by the President.
• Develop and oversee a pipeline of corporate partners to ensure event fundraising goals are met.
• Some events and weekends, as well as travel, is required for this position.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of nonprofit development experience with increasing responsibility.
• Demonstrated success in managing multiple time-sensitive fundraising projects.
• Knowledge of annual campaigns, major gifts, and grant procurement.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong collaborative skills.
• Ability to commit to the mission of the Hepatitis B Foundation and its affiliates.
• Ability to effectively and professionally represent the Hepatitis B Foundation with external stakeholders.
• High attention to detail, able to lead and motivate others, and can work independently.
• Expected to travel and build relationships with funders and donors at a local, national and international level.
• A self-starter with a positive attitude who can initiate donor visits and make fundraising calls to meet goals.
• Proficient computer skills and experience with digital platforms for fundraising programs.
A successful candidate will have a proven track record of closing major gifts. We are looking for a strategic thinker with a strong vision and ability to execute it, guided by personal integrity and the ability to inspire others. A strong work ethic, enthusiasm and energy are a must! Compensation is competitive/commensurate with experience and qualifications. The HBF is an “At Will” and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com.
Executive Director American Heart Association – responsible for the state of Delaware . The Executive Director is responsible for the implementation of assigned development projects and fundraising campaign revenue in Delaware . This position oversees the markets leadership management team (3 direct reports). The Executive Director is leading fundraising revenue goals and community health initiatives through volunteer boards and volunteer committees to implement and successfully complete Association goals. Provides coaching and supervision to leadership team, including fundraising, community impact, and administrative staff. The fundraising events in the assigned markets include Heart Ball, Go Red for Women Luncheon, Heart Walk, and add-on events.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
We are seeking an inspiring leader to drive the strategy and execution of corporate revenue and health impact goals for the market. Provides mentorship and supervision for Director level staff implementing events and Community Health actions. The Executive Director will supervise staff who will lead events while adhering to specific American Heart Association “Best Practices&rdquo.
- Guide and lead team to achieve event and campaign revenue goals. Accountable for hiring, directing, training, evaluating, and terminating staff under their supervision.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate an annual working plan with dollar and volunteer recruitment goals, budget, and timelines for the events. Develop contingency plans, as needed to successfully complete fundraising activities.
- Develop profiles on the top businesses within the assigned geographic area with a detailed plan to secure their involvement. Complete company goal setting worksheets and prioritizes companies by their potential.
- Develop and lead volunteer Board of Directors, consisting of top-level corporate executives.
- Build, monitor, and evaluate an annual working plan with dollar and volunteer recruitment goals, budget, and timelines for the events.
- Develop profiles on the top businesses within the assigned market areas and build relationships with key corporate leaders who can support initiatives.
- Responsible for staff follow-up and monitoring of assigned fundraising activities.#AHAIND1
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred.
- Must have at least 4+ years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or in a nonprofit organization in a similar capacity.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in a management capacity. This experience may occur within the 2-year related experience requirement. Experience gained through direct internal work on the Associations projects/priorities may substitute for this requirement and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Knowledge of community organization, sales, fundraising, and marketing principles, practices, techniques, and trends.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation, and training. Skill in written communications to include clear and concise narrative reports, evaluations and similar narrative pieces.
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze number goals, as well as fundraising reports. Skill in use of spreadsheet/database analysis.
- Ability to function independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to delegate and accomplish goals through volunteers.
- Ability to do daily travel up to 75% and overnight travel up to 25%.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds with the expectation that items in excess of 25 pounds would be broken down into smaller components or additional assistance is required before lifting and/or moving.
Attracting dedicated, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
Communications Manager-Hope Partnership for Education is a North Philadelphia independent middle school and education center that provides a high quality, values-based education that supports and challenges students from adolescence to adulthood. Hope creates compassionate citizens and courageous leaders, through a transformative, caring, and joy-filled education. Hope Partnership for Education is looking for a Communications Manager that contributes to raising awareness of Hope’s impact in the community and engages supporters by implementing the organization’s Marketing Strategy. This position is responsible for telling a compelling narrative for Hope’s vision and mission. This position is hybrid as determined with the Development Director.
- Execute communications plan, calendar, and strategic projects as determined by the Development Director that meet Hope’s marketing strategy and objectives.
- Create a social media calendar and develop engaging content on a weekly basis across platforms.
- Collaborate with Development Director and other external-facing Hope staff to produce clear and effective monthly email newsletters and develop a Hope blog.
- Maintain the website and develop/update content as needed.
- Develop and organize a Story Bank of anecdotes, student profiles, and multi-media content.
- Work with the Development Director, Marketing Committee and Admissions team to design marketing and fundraising materials, such as pitch decks, admissions brochures, and annual/impact reports.
- Apply an equity lens to all aspects of internal and external communication and engagement to ensure Hope’s values are present.
- As a member of the Development team, supports all fundraising and community event logistics under the guidance of the Hope Leadership Team
Who You Are:
- Collegial, mission-driven, and approachable.
- Believes all students deserve a quality education aligned with the six Hope values: optimism, academic excellence, joy, hope, respect, and hospitality.
- The ideal candidate is looking to grow with a small organization making a big impact on students’ lives.
- Passion for creating content with teammates and effectively reaching diverse audiences.
- Highly organized project manager who will lead multiple collaborative projects simultaneously.
What You Bring:
- BA degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Education or related field and a minimum of two to four years of relevant experience.
- Public/private education, non-profit, or higher education experience preferred.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills, ability to develop content for varied audiences.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills required.
- Experience with web content management systems, email marketing software, social media management, Google analytics, and graphic design platform Canva.
- Experience using CRM platform such as Salesforce, a plus.
Hope Partnership for Education provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Contact Information and for full position description:
Warren Basla firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Service Association (FSA): At Family Service, we work collaboratively to provide compassionate services and utilize evidence-based practices to improve outcomes to every client, every time. We believe all individuals are deserving of respect and dignity. We are committed to working with the most vulnerable individuals and families in Bucks County. Be a part of our team of dedicated staff and join us in our mission: To listen, care, and help. Every day.
For full position descriptions and information about applying, visit: Employment | Family Service (fsabc.org)
Board of Director Position Opportunities:
Position Posting Form & Sample
Women’s Animal Center Board-Member-Opportunity
Laurel House Board Member Opportunity
BC Audubon Society Treasurer & Board-Member-Opportunity
GHNPSS Board Member Opportunity
Roxy Therapy Dogs Board Member Opportunity
Garden of Health Board Member Opportunity
Numerous nonprofits have indicated to us that they are in search of Board members with various backgrounds. If you have an interest in joining a Board, please let the Catalyst Center for Nonprofit Management know and we will help to match you up with a nonprofit whose mission you are interested in.