Community Bulletin Board
If you have items for our Community Bulletin Board, please e-mail them to email@example.com. Noteworthy items include awards, changes of address, job postings and other announcements. Due to space limitations, we are unable to include fundraisers.
Director of Finance and Administration A Woman’s Place (AWP) seeks a Director of Finance and Administration to oversee overall financial planning, accounting and financial reporting practices including financial functions such as accounting, budgeting, credit, employee benefits, grants, insurance, investments, tax, treasury and a wide variety of accounting and statistical data reports.
This position directs and evaluates the organization’s fiscal activities to assure timely and accurate accounting practices; ensures the issuance of timely financial reports for management, Board of Directors and grantors.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to develop policies and standards for accounting practices and plans, develops, organizes, directs and evaluates the organization’s fiscal activities to assure timely and accurate accounting practices.
- Manages financial relationships with funding sources including County, State, Federal and private grants and contracts, as well as relationships with banking and lending institutions, and the financial community.
- Relates to Grants Compliance Manager regularly, preparing invoices and statements for Federal, State and County sources of funds.
- Works closely with the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors in preparation and review of monthly financial reports, budgets, and regular reports on status of financial operations.
- Works closely with the Leadership Team in preparation and review of monthly financial reports and budgets.
- Oversees and directs budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, banking, financing and cash flow forecasting activities.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive system of internal control to ensure compliance with federal, state, and county financial and accounting regulations.
- Works closely with Executive Director to assure effectiveness of computer application systems necessary to maintain proper records and to assure accurate and timely accounting reports.
- Provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and cash flow forecasting in order to assist management and the board of directors.
- Negotiating new contracts with vendors as necessary to assure cost effectiveness.
- Meets regularly with the Executive Director to keep her informed of AWP’s fiscal standing, calling to her attention any issues which affect the smooth functioning of AWP.
- Assist outside auditors with yearly audit by providing detailed financial records and analysis.
- Strives for efficiency and effectiveness in all financial functions of AWP.
- Supervises all bookkeeping tasks, including payroll.
- Performs HR functions as related to finance, setting employees up in payroll system, grant compliance regarding personnel.
- Maintains personnel files and audits regularly.
- With Executive Director and leadership team, facilitates dissemination of benefits information, or changes to benefits to all employees.
- Initiates cost comparisons of all utilities and services provided to the organization.
- Participates in meetings, including leadership team meetings, staff meetings and in-service professional development programs.
- As necessary, participates in annual fund raising events and other AWP functions as may be required; performs other tasks or duties as may be assigned
- Adhere to the confidentiality policy and other policies of A Woman’s Place
- Contribute to the positive work environment of the organization
EDUCATION: 5 years of related work of life experience, and/or bachelor’s degree.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Highly motivated, well-organized, with an undergraduate degree in a relevant field with at least 6 years of accounting or financial management experience in a social service organization, including grants management and accounting principles.
- Proficient in QuickBooks; able to create, read and send e-mail through Microsoft Outlook, create documents in Microsoft Excel and Work, use Microsoft Outlook calendar and work within an Internet/Intranet environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often with competing priorities.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to meet multiple deadlines at once.
- Understands the impact of domestic violence on women and children and the community, and demonstrates an understanding of feminist issues.
- Presents strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, and cooperation among a diverse staff.
- Ability to work flexible and evening hours.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work in a crisis setting.
- Upon hiring, has the option of competing AWP’s 45 hour training, and must provide I-9 and Act 33 criminal background, child abuse clearance and FBI Fingerprinting
County Director Bridge of Hope seeks a County Director to be responsible for directing and implementing the work of Bridge of Hope in the county region, including church engagement and recruitment, training of groups of Neighboring Volunteers, supervising staff, working with the community board, public relations and networking, overseeing the family entry process and providing case-management for 4-5 families.
- Implement and monitor the mission of Bridge of Hope in the county as directed through the policies and goals of Bridge of Hope National, including using the Bridge of Hope Outcomes, Benchmarks and Standards as a guide for implementing this program.
- Recruit and train all groups of Neighboring Volunteers and support their ministry of Neighboring through ongoing training and supportive services.
- Build referral base and community partnerships with other agencies within the county.
- Conduct Family Entry Process to bring families into the program and/or refer families to alternative programs.
- Facilitate an appropriate Neighborhood Launch between participating families and Neighboring Volunteers.
- Coordinate housing resources, including building and maintaining landlord partnerships
- Initiate and maintain a service agreement and family goal plan for each family. Coordinate how the Neighboring Volunteers can support the family goal plan.
- Provide case-management for 4-5 families, meeting with each family (home visits or in the office) on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis to provide case management services and to determine progress towards the goals of the family goal plan.
- Meet with each group of Neighboring Volunteers at least quarterly. Maintain availability for phone contact with all members of the Neighborhood.
- Conduct an exit interview with the family. Conduct a closure meeting with each group of Neighboring Volunteers.
Interested applicants should visit our website for the full job description: https://chestercounty.bridgeofhopeinc.org/news/job-opportunity-available-for-chester-county-director/ and email both a resume and application as instructed.
Board of Director Position Opportunities:
FCP Conversations Online
Foundations Community Partnership Announces: FCP Conversations Online: Bucks County Non-Profit Leaders
We’re delighted to announce the launch of “FCP Conversations Online” a new digital broadcast series!
Each Conversation Online features a non-profit leader in Bucks County. The purpose of the broadcast is to educate the community about today’s issues, local programs that are making a difference, and how anyone can be part of the solution.
Click on the “listen” to jump to our Youtube channel or view the latest interviews below! Once you’re there, be sure to click on “subscribe” so you won’t miss an episode!
Numerous nonprofits have indicated to us that they are in search of Board members with various backgrounds. If you have an interest in joining a Board, please let the Catalyst Center for Nonprofit Management know and we will help to match you up with a nonprofit whose mission you are interested in.