Community Bulletin Board
If you have items for our Community Bulletin Board, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Noteworthy items include awards, changes of address, job postings and other announcements. Due to space limitations, we are unable to include fundraisers.
Executive Director–Coalition to Serve and Support the Homeless
The Coalition to Shelter and Support the Homeless (CSSH) is currently seeking an experienced Executive Director. CSSH is a 501 (c) (3) charity that operates the Central Bucks Code Blue Shelter in the winter, and support and outreach services to local homeless adults year-round. The position will a be part-time flexible work from home schedule. We seek a dynamic leader to take this growing organization to the next level. Goals of developing a strong and diversified fundraising program, volunteer development, administrative leadership and best practices are key factors to enhance the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of nonprofit management experience
- Candidate must reside in Central Bucks County, and be knowledgeable and familiar with local government, nonprofit, and business communities and resources
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills and the ability to work independently and remotely
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends to attend committee meetings and events
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in current nonprofit development, fundraising, governance and management best practices
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Apply for this position: Please send a cover along with a current resume and references to Terry Lang, email@example.com
Executive Director–Special Equestrians
Special Equestrians is seeking an experienced nonprofit manager interested in leading a established therapeutic riding and equine-assisted learning center. Knowledge of serving people with disabilities and working with animals preferred. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the successful leadership of the organization: staff and volunteer recruitment and retention, program excellence, stakeholder relationships, operations performance, fundraising and outreach, financial viability, regulatory compliance, and continuous improvement toward consistent achievement of SE’s mission.
The position is full-time flexible to accommodate the opening hours of Special Equestrians, interacting with part-time staff, attending Board meetings, and representing the organization at events.
This position requires strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as staff management experience (18 on staff). The successful candidate must be an energetic, self-motivated, and adaptable person with a strong service orientation toward all facets of the organization, and someone who enjoys working in an atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- 4-year college degree; master’s degree or certification in nonprofit management, equine business, or disability services/studies, or related disciplines is desirable.
- 7 or more years of progressive management experience in a nonprofit organization; ideally with people with disabilities and/or in the equine-assisted therapeutic field; at least moderate knowledge of equine business operations and management, horse welfare.
- A successful track record of fundraising from multiple revenue sources that include the philanthropic, public, and private sectors.
- Understanding of federal and local laws applicable to nonprofit organizations including employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, charities, taxation, health coverage, etc.
- Experience in budget preparation and financial management.
- Experience in project management.
- Adept at electronic word-processing, financial management, social media, database management.
Email résumé and cover letter, including your interest in Special Equestrians. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full position profile at www.specialequestrians.org/news-and-events/employment-opportunities/.
Director of Development-A Woman’s Place
A Woman’s Place, Bucks County’s domestic violence non-profit, has immediate opening for a Director of Development. Current director is moving out of state, but will be on site through mid-July for a smooth transition. This director is a member of the senior management team. They will be instrumental in executing the agency growth outlined in its three-year strategic plan. We’re looking for someone with the experience, skills, intelligence and gumption to reach out to major donors throughout the county as well as identify and pursue corporate and foundation grants, sponsorships and more. Responsibility for AWP’s Chocolate Lovers’ Fantasy gala is part of the director’s role.
AWP is an EEO and trauma-informed employer. Principals only.
Contact: Tammy Oliver, executive director at email@example.com.
NONPROFIT BOARD OF DIRECTOR POSITIONS
iRun4Life, (http://www.irun4life.com/) iRun4Life, Inc.’s mission is to help combat childhood obesity by establishing fun, noncompetitive after school elementary school running programs for boys and girls. Our focus is to teach children about exercise, healthy nutrition and giving back to the community. We believe that if children learn to love exercise at an early age and realize how fun it is to feel healthy and strong, then they will maintain an active and healthy lifestyle throughout their lives.
We are looking for energetic and fun people to join our Board of Directors. You must like working with a great team of people, and helping elementary school children get healthy and fit. Below are descriptions of the open positions. To learn more or inquire about a position, email Judy at judy@iRun4Life.com.
- Secretary – Attends and schedules monthly Board meetings and takes minutes of each meeting. Gathers agenda topics and creates monthly agenda. Coordinates all correspondence among the Board. Maintains and updates Board Manual, Board’s Biographies, and all other organizational documentation. Assists the President and Administrative Assistant. Helps with the coordination of the 3K Race meetings, and volunteers and attends the annual School Director meeting in January.
- Treasurer – Strongly prefer someone with a financial background and experience. Maintains and reviews the budget and advises the Board on all financial information. Maintains the checkbook and pays all bills. Reviews and pays corporate taxes. Prepares monthly financial statements for monthly Board meetings. Helps with the coordination of the 3K Race, and attends the annual School Director meeting in January.
- School Outreach Coordinator – Helps expand the iRun4Life running program into new elementary schools through email and possible school visits. Is the liaison between the School Directors and iRun4Life, and advises School Directors on any program questions. Attends monthly Board meetings and the annual School Director meeting in January. Helps with the coordination of the 3K race in May.
Girls Empowered, Inc. (www.girlsempowered.org) is a new nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering girls from elementary through high school by offering workshops and other special programs in the community on relevant topics for girls today. We are now forming a board of directors and looking for a diverse group of women and men to serve. Qualifications include: 1) Must be a minimum of 21 years of age, 2) Reside or work in Bucks County, PA, 3) Demonstrate a clear understanding of the mission of Girls Empowered and a desire to work towards this mission, 4) Demonstrate a clear understanding of the workings of a nonprofit organization, 5) Be able to commit to raising or donating a minimum of $500 to Girls Empowered annually, and 6) Demonstrate afirm willingness to serve. Interested applicants should contact Dawn Haaz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FCP Conversations Online
Foundations Community Partnership Announces: FCP Conversations Online: Bucks County Non-Profit Leaders
We’re delighted to announce the launch of “FCP Conversations Online” a new digital broadcast series!
Each Conversation Online features a non-profit leader in Bucks County. The purpose of the broadcast is to educate the community about today’s issues, local programs that are making a difference, and how anyone can be part of the solution.
Click on the “listen” to jump to our Youtube channel or view the latest interviews below! Once you’re there, be sure to click on “subscribe” so you won’t miss an episode!
Numerous nonprofits have indicated to us that they are in search of Board members with various backgrounds. If you have an interest in joining a Board, please let the Catalyst Center for Nonprofit Management know and we will help to match you up with a nonprofit whose mission you are interested in.