Community Bulletin Board
If you have items for our Community Bulletin Board, please e-mail them to email@example.com. Noteworthy items include awards, changes of address, job postings and other announcements. Due to space limitations, we are unable to include fundraisers.
Habitat for Humanity of Bucks County seeks a Grant Writer to join our team as we grow! Founded in 1990, Habitat Bucks builds more than homes! We create a path to homeownership, provide affordable home repairs and sell affordable home supplies through our ReStores.
Our successful homeownership and home repair programs are expanding. This means more opportunity for new grant applications, as well as the robust reporting necessary for our current portfolio of grants. The Grant Writer is responsible for writing proposals for all programming and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects. In addition, the Grant Writer will ensure compliance with all funding requirements established by all foundations, institutions and government entities.
This position is for 16 hours per week, with flexible scheduling.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, corporate and government sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate, foundation and government grants.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by institutional donors.
- Provide stewardship to current institutional donors to provide regular written updates to these donors.
Skills and Experience Preferred
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Candace Clarke, Resource Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Charge Bookkeeper
The Bucks County Housing Group is looking for a talented, full time, Full Charge Bookkeeper for their Finance Department.
Responsibilities for this position include accounting duties for 3 companies focusing on Grants, Rental Properties, Food Pantry Services, and Housing Services.
Duties for this position include:
- Manage, track, and enter Payables and Cash Disbursements for Vendors and Client Rentals
- Manage, track, and enter Receivables and Cash Receipts for Grantors, Donors and Tenants
- Monthly Reconciliation of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Intercompany Transactions and Tenant Rent Rolls
- Post Credit Card Charges & Monthly Statement Reconciliation
- Process bi-weekly Payroll using Kronos Software
- Monthly Grant Billings
- Bank Reconciliations
- Adjusting Journal Entries and Payroll Journal Entries
- Miscellaneous Clerical Duties and Audit assistance
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to adapt to a changing environment. Candidate must also possess the ability to prioritize tasks.
Proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and experience with Kronos software is required.
Minimum of 5 years Full Charge Bookkeeping experience required. Bachelor Degree in Accounting preferred.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
NONPROFIT BOARD OF DIRECTOR POSITIONS
Special Equestrians, (http://www.specialequestrians.org/) a nonprofit organization providing therapeutic horseback riding programs for children and adults with disabilities, is looking for energetic individuals willing to actively participate in helping to grow and sustain the organization as members of the Board of Directors. No horse experience is necessary and experience with nonprofit Boards is helpful but not required. If you would like to learn more about the organization and the level of commitment asked of Board members please contact Mary-Jo May, firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-918-1001 X 106
Girls Empowered, Inc. (www.girlsempowered.org) is a new nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering girls from elementary through high school by offering workshops and other special programs in the community on relevant topics for girls today. We are now forming a board of directors and looking for a diverse group of women and men to serve. Qualifications include: 1) Must be a minimum of 21 years of age, 2) Reside or work in Bucks County, PA, 3) Demonstrate a clear understanding of the mission of Girls Empowered and a desire to work towards this mission, 4) Demonstrate a clear understanding of the workings of a nonprofit organization, 5) Be able to commit to raising or donating a minimum of $500 to Girls Empowered annually, and 6) Demonstrate afirm willingness to serve. Interested applicants should contact Dawn Haaz at email@example.com.
FCP Conversations Online
Foundations Community Partnership Announces: FCP Conversations Online: Bucks County Non-Profit Leaders
We’re delighted to announce the launch of “FCP Conversations Online” a new digital broadcast series!
Each Conversation Online features a non-profit leader in Bucks County. The purpose of the broadcast is to educate the community about today’s issues, local programs that are making a difference, and how anyone can be part of the solution.
Click on the “listen” to jump to our Youtube channel or view the latest interviews below! Once you’re there, be sure to click on “subscribe” so you won’t miss an episode!
Numerous nonprofits have indicated to us that they are in search of Board members with various backgrounds. If you have an interest in joining a Board, please let the Catalyst Center for Nonprofit Management know and we will help to match you up with a nonprofit whose mission you are interested in.