Community Bulletin Board
If you have items for our Community Bulletin Board, please e-mail them to email@example.com. Noteworthy items include awards, changes of address, job postings and other announcements. Due to space limitations, we are unable to include fundraisers.
Philabundance seeks to hire a new leader with the vision and ability to execute and who will guide Philabundance to a new period of excellence, increasing food distribution and strengthening operational infrastructure while establishing innovative cross-disciplinary collaborations to attack the root causes of hunger and poverty in the Delaware Valley.
The Executive Director/CEO, with governance from the Board of Directors and input from staff, will lead this mission-driven organization with vision, a big picture focus and positive energy. S/he will strengthen Philabundance’s brand by growing, maintaining and nurturing a network of key stakeholders, including staff, volunteers, community and government leaders, member agencies, food and financial donors and the Board. S/he will continue to develop the organization’s talented team, cohesion, visibility, financial strength and complex logistics. As Philabundance’s leader, the Executive Director/CEO will oversee a combined annual budget of approximately $55MM and 100 staff while having overall responsibility for policy development, program direction, fundraising and fund development, operations and financial integrity. An overarching responsibility will be implementing the strategic vision to relive hunger today and working towards ending hunger for good in the Delaware Valley.
Working in conjunction with a strong Board of Directors, The Executive Director/CEO will lead the organization in defining and attaining all organizational strategic and tactical objectives:
- Fiscal/Fiduciary Management/Operations
- Resource Development
- External Relations/Communications
- Human Resources
Pennsylvania Crisis Response Team project Coordinator-Network of Victim Assistance
As a project of Network of Victim Assistance, the Keystone Crisis Intervention Team (KCIT) is a Pennsylvania statewide crisis response team, providing trained teams of individuals to serve any community within the Commonwealth where a crime has taken place. KCIT is funded through the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency.
Since its first deployment in 2000, KCIT has provided crisis interventions to over 11,300 individuals. Types of crimes that KCIT teams have responded to include domestic violence homicides, school shootings, workplace shootings, bank robberies, terrorism and any other criminal incidents where there have been multiple victims or witnesses.
Additionally, statewide KCIT provides a 25-hour training for new team members, advanced training opportunities for experienced volunteers, simulation trainings, and specialty trainings for the community such as responses to trauma, resilience and coping, and death notification.
This position is responsible for coordinating deployments; supporting volunteer team members; supervising full and part time staff who provide trainings; serves as the project liaison to the statewide advisory committee; attends various local and state meetings as project representative; grant writing; grant reporting; and planning the biennial statewide conference.
A flexible schedule is required as the position does require some daytime and overnight travel to present at statewide and national conferences, attend advisory meetings in Harrisburg quarterly, potential deployment related travel, and some occasional travel to Western Pennsylvania for project management related tasks.
Social work, management, human services or related Master’s degree preferred (Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience will be considered). Supervision, volunteer coordinator, and project management experience.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. Applicants must send a cover letter with salary requirements in addition to their resume. AA/EOE. Submit to Debgh@novabucks.org
Director of Marketing-Act II Playhouse
Act II Playhouse is searching for our next Director of Marketing. The Marketing Director holds ultimate responsibility for the organization’s marketing activities and oversees the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy for the Playhouse. This position is part of our senior staff and critical to the success of the Playhouse. They will be responsible for designing and distributing print and digital marketing materials to advertise the Playhouse’s productions. They will generate creative and data-backed marketing strategy while adhering to the Playhouse’s marketing budget. This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Create Press Releases for Shows/Season/Special Events/Newsworthy Events
- Design and Distribute Postcards & Posters
- Create and manage Facebook & Google ads
- Manage Act II Social Media (this includes video content)
- Create a Marketing Plan and Marketing Budget for each show
- Design and print Program for each show (all mainstage and one kids show)
- Craft and send Weekly Emails
- Update Web site content
- Facilitate reviewers, feature stories, and press appearances
- Hire photographer for shows
- Sell program Ads
- Manage Restaurant Partner program
- Partner with Development on reports and fundraising appeals
Education, experience, and skills required:
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small organization
- Previous marketing experience
- Experience with a ticketing software program
- Experience with InDesign and the Adobe Suite
- Experience with an email software program,
- Experience working with Facebook and Google marketing tools.
- Experience in theatre a plus, though not required
To apply: please send a cover letter and resume to Tony Braithwaite at firstname.lastname@example.org
Act II Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer.
NONPROFIT BOARD OF DIRECTOR POSITIONS
iRun4Life, (http://www.irun4life.com/) iRun4Life, Inc.’s mission is to help combat childhood obesity by establishing fun, noncompetitive after school elementary school running programs for boys and girls. Our focus is to teach children about exercise, healthy nutrition and giving back to the community. We believe that if children learn to love exercise at an early age and realize how fun it is to feel healthy and strong, then they will maintain an active and healthy lifestyle throughout their lives.
We are looking for energetic and fun people to join our Board of Directors. You must like working with a great team of people, and helping elementary school children get healthy and fit. Below are descriptions of the open positions. To learn more or inquire about a position, email Judy at judy@iRun4Life.com.
- Secretary – Attends and schedules monthly Board meetings and takes minutes of each meeting. Gathers agenda topics and creates monthly agenda. Coordinates all correspondence among the Board. Maintains and updates Board Manual, Board’s Biographies, and all other organizational documentation. Assists the President and Administrative Assistant. Helps with the coordination of the 3K Race meetings, and volunteers and attends the annual School Director meeting in January.
- Treasurer – Strongly prefer someone with a financial background and experience. Maintains and reviews the budget and advises the Board on all financial information. Maintains the checkbook and pays all bills. Reviews and pays corporate taxes. Prepares monthly financial statements for monthly Board meetings. Helps with the coordination of the 3K Race, and attends the annual School Director meeting in January.
- School Outreach Coordinator – Helps expand the iRun4Life running program into new elementary schools through email and possible school visits. Is the liaison between the School Directors and iRun4Life, and advises School Directors on any program questions. Attends monthly Board meetings and the annual School Director meeting in January. Helps with the coordination of the 3K race in May.
Girls Empowered, Inc. (www.girlsempowered.org) is a new nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering girls from elementary through high school by offering workshops and other special programs in the community on relevant topics for girls today. We are now forming a board of directors and looking for a diverse group of women and men to serve. Qualifications include: 1) Must be a minimum of 21 years of age, 2) Reside or work in Bucks County, PA, 3) Demonstrate a clear understanding of the mission of Girls Empowered and a desire to work towards this mission, 4) Demonstrate a clear understanding of the workings of a nonprofit organization, 5) Be able to commit to raising or donating a minimum of $500 to Girls Empowered annually, and 6) Demonstrate afirm willingness to serve. Interested applicants should contact Dawn Haaz at email@example.com.
FCP Conversations Online
Foundations Community Partnership Announces: FCP Conversations Online: Bucks County Non-Profit Leaders
We’re delighted to announce the launch of “FCP Conversations Online” a new digital broadcast series!
Each Conversation Online features a non-profit leader in Bucks County. The purpose of the broadcast is to educate the community about today’s issues, local programs that are making a difference, and how anyone can be part of the solution.
Click on the “listen” to jump to our Youtube channel or view the latest interviews below! Once you’re there, be sure to click on “subscribe” so you won’t miss an episode!
Numerous nonprofits have indicated to us that they are in search of Board members with various backgrounds. If you have an interest in joining a Board, please let the Catalyst Center for Nonprofit Management know and we will help to match you up with a nonprofit whose mission you are interested in.