Community Bulletin Board
If you have items for our Community Bulletin Board, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Noteworthy items include awards, changes of address, job postings and other announcements. Due to space limitations, we are unable to include fundraisers.
Director of Communications
The University of the Sciences is searching for a Director of Communications. This position reports to the Executive Director, Marketing and Communications and is responsible for communicating USciences’ strategic messages to the public, media, and to target external and internal audiences through media relations, public relations, publications, and social media. The Director will also have direct oversight of a Communications Manager dedicated to strengthening the university’s presence in digital and social media.
Required Qualification Summary
- BA or BS degree in public relations, communications, English, or journalism, or an equivalent level of professional experience required
- Minimum of eight years working experience in an agency and/or in-house public relations department
- Exceptional and versatile writing and speaking ability
- Thorough knowledge of media and public relations practices and tactics
- Experience in publications management, from developing editorial content, writing and assigning articles to working with graphic designers and creative directors to provide materials for layout, design, and production.
- Proficiency in social media platforms; and in electronic media release systems
- Ability to handle multiple high priority projects, meet deadlines, and perform proactively to ensure that department’s mission is met
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary and appropriate and/or as stories to the media require.
National Philanthropic Trust
The Grants Associate is responsible for processing grants recommended by NPT’s donors. This is accomplished through researching and validating grants, reporting on grants made through the various databases and ensuring that we are compliant in our grant-making practices.
Primary Functions and Essential Responsibilities
- Enter and process grants in database(s)
- Grant research using search tools
- Perform outreach to donors and/or their Financial Services teams on grant due diligence inquiries
- Prepare weekly grant submission reports for approval by designated committee
- Print and prepare weekly grant checks for mailing to respective charity
- Run grant reports as needed
- Assist in monthly grant re-issues
- Assist in quarterly grant research for board reports
- Answer telephone / email questions from internal and external constituents regarding grants and other donor service needs
- Assist with password resets
- Support the Grants Team, as needed
The above list is not exhaustive, additional tasks may be assigned as necessary.
Associate Director, Online Learning
Bucks County Community College seeks an Associate Director of Online Learning. The Associate Director is a full- time position responsible for the daily operation of the Bucks Online office and for providing students in online, hybrid, and web-enhanced courses in academic programs, Continuing and Workforce Education, and Public Safety Training with the services and support needed. S/he is an expert in the online learning environment, utilizing online tools and technologies to promote Bucks Online’s programs and services and recruit new students, whether local, out-of-county, or out-of-state. This position reports directly to the Director, Bucks Online and in the absence of the Director is responsible for problem solving in all areas related to Bucks Online student services.
Bucks County Community College offers an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription plans, 403B pension plan, life insurance, short & long-term disability, paid time off, tuition waivers, tuition assistance, summer hours wellness center, full service cafeteria and free parking on a beautiful Bucks County campus.
Salary Range: $54,038 – $68,089 (depending upon experience above the minimum requirements)
Application Deadline: 5/4/2018(4:00 PM) Minimum Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in appropriate discipline with minimum three years of experience in online learning and learning technologies support.
- Strong background in Learning Management Systems and Internet browsers.
- Experience in higher education with demonstrated relevance to academic affairs and student services.
- Proven knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven knowledge in HTML.
- Working knowledge in MySQL and PHP.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to elicit information from and relay technical details to the end user using vocabulary/terminology the end user can clearly understand.
- Ability to work in stressful situations under the pressure of deadlines; may be required to see a problem to completion beyond normal work schedule.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within parameters defined by College policy
NONPROFIT BOARD OF DIRECTOR POSITIONS
Girls Empowered, Inc. (www.girlsempowered.org) is a new nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering girls from elementary through high school by offering workshops and other special programs in the community on relevant topics for girls today. We are now forming a board of directors and looking for a diverse group of women and men to serve. Qualifications include: 1) Must be a minimum of 21 years of age, 2) Reside or work in Bucks County, PA, 3) Demonstrate a clear understanding of the mission of Girls Empowered and a desire to work towards this mission, 4) Demonstrate a clear understanding of the workings of a nonprofit organization, 5) Be able to commit to raising or donating a minimum of $500 to Girls Empowered annually, and 6) Demonstrate afirm willingness to serve. Interested applicants should contact Dawn Haaz at email@example.com.
FCP Conversations Online
Foundations Community Partnership Announces: FCP Conversations Online: Bucks County Non-Profit Leaders
We’re delighted to announce the launch of “FCP Conversations Online” a new digital broadcast series!
Each Conversation Online features a non-profit leader in Bucks County. The purpose of the broadcast is to educate the community about today’s issues, local programs that are making a difference, and how anyone can be part of the solution.
Click on the “listen” to jump to our Youtube channel or view the latest interviews below! Once you’re there, be sure to click on “subscribe” so you won’t miss an episode!
Numerous nonprofits have indicated to us that they are in search of Board members with various backgrounds. If you have an interest in joining a Board, please let the Catalyst Center for Nonprofit Management know and we will help to match you up with a nonprofit whose mission you are interested in.