Community Bulletin Board
If you have items for our Community Bulletin Board, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Noteworthy items include awards, changes of address, job postings and other announcements. Due to space limitations, we are unable to include fundraisers.
President & CEO-Pearl S. Buck International
The President & CEO is the chief staff leader and fundraiser of Pearl S. Buck International, responsible for serving as the global face of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability to attract, lead, nurture and enhance (the value of) diverse stakeholders including staff, volunteers, and partners. The CEO works with the Board of Directors to serve the organizational purpose/mission by executing the strategic plan, capturing market risks (e.g., competition, forces of disruption), enterprise risks (e.g. cyber, digital, staff succession planning) and extracting the best out of its human capital (e.g. talent management), all to create lasting value and intellectual capital for the organization. The position reports directly to the Chairperson acting on behalf of the Board of Directors.
PSBI has three strategic objectives:
1) Operate, preserve and interpret the National Historic Landmark home of Pearl S. Buck in Hilltown, Pennsylvania
2) Provide Asian outreach and child sponsorship through affiliated organizations in Korea, China, Vietnam, Taiwan, Thailand and the Philippines. Expand into other countries as the need presents itself.
3) Offer intercultural training and consulting through programs like Welcome Workplace. Sponsor crosscultural education and student exchange programs. Develop community-based public programming and related exhibits.
1) Organizational Mission and Strategy: Works with the Board and senior staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through appropriate and sustainable programs, strategic planning and community programs.
- Responsible for implementation of PSBI’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for working with the Board on strategic planning to ensure that PSBI successfully fulfills its mission.
- Responsible for the enhancement of PSBI’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other organizations.
2) Board Governance: Works with the Board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission
- Responsible for leading PSBI in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
3) Organizational Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are “fit for the purpose” as the organization grows and evolves.
- Responsible for effective administration of PSBI’s operations including insuring that there are people, processes and technology for the organization.
- Responsible for the hiring, development, and retention of competent, qualified staff including leadership development and succession planning.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
4) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops and utilizes resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization, working closely with the CFO and appropriate Board committees.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of PSBI, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Responsible for analyzing the reasonability and adequacy of continual budget and reforecasting metrics, in light of performance and overall growth of the organization.
- Responsible for leadership of fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support PSBI’s mission.
Professional Position Expectations –Required and Preferred
• Bachelor degree required, advanced academic degree preferred
• At least 10 years of successful executive leadership experience (for-profit and/or non-profit sectors, ideally both), including significant experience and demonstrated success with international cultures, strategy and operations.
• Out of state and out of country travel
• Transparent and high integrity leadership, with tangible demonstration of high ethical standards and core values leadership
• Understand and respect various leadership styles and personalities across staff and volunteer communities globally.
• Ability to convey and inspire a vision of PSBI’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors, with an emphasis on service, outcomes and innovation.
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the non-profit sector
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interface with and engage diverse volunteer members.
• Demonstrated ability to respectfully and successfully oversee and collaborate with staff and volunteer leaders.
• Strong public speaking, influencing and negotiating abilities
• Embrace a culture of challenge and diversity.
Pearl S. Buck International is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/employer
All interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter to CEOSearch@pearlsbuck.org before May 3, 2019.
Outreach and Administrative Coordinator-DMAX Foundation
The DMAX Foundation seeks an Outreach and Administrative Coordinator to be responsible for outreach and external communication efforts for the organization as well as internal operations. In addition, the position involves coordinating and supporting DMAX Foundation interns, volunteers, representatives, and communicating with the Board of Directors. Non-profit experience is a plus. Graphic design experience is required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
This position requires coordinating priorities with the Executive Director for fulfilling the organization’s mission and goals. This person will assist with ensuring smooth internal operations and coordinating DMAX Foundation’s external activities and communications with donors, volunteers, vendors, and the general public. Duties include but are not limited to the items listed below.
- Graphic design including promotional materials, presentations, and web graphics
- Annual fundraising including working with the Executive Director to plan, schedule, and execute annual fundraising campaign
- Work with the Executive Director and members of the Board of Directors to plan, schedule, advertise, and coordinate two yearly events and one awareness campaign:
- Awareness Campaign (Summer) engages our virtual community in a discussion about mental health through a survey about stress
- Maintain DMAX Foundation’s website on WordPress and web presence including business listings, business association webpages, Google ads, etc.
- Create and manage social media posts for DMAX Foundation’s social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Manage interns including advertising positions, participating in the hiring process, coordinating work schedules, assigning tasks/projects, and ensuring that work is completed in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Grow and maintain community partnerships through attending community events and regular networking events, and delivering presentations about DMAX Foundation to community partners
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong and proven ability to communicate effectively and tactfully
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Skilled at managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and prioritizing
- Comfortable with public speaking and networking
- Self-starter; can work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Interest in and/or background in the Mental Health field
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Adobe design applications including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Proficient computer skills and comfort with the Microsoft Office Suite and the Google Applications Suite (docs, sheets, forms, etc.)
- Familiarity with Higher Education and/or Nonprofits is a plus
30 -38 hours per week, flexible schedule. Occasional nights and weekends may be required and will be scheduled in advance. $15-$17 per hour. Start date, May 1, 2019
Apply & full job description: https://www.dmaxfoundation.org/jobs/
Development Associate-Laurel House
Laurel House (www.laurel-house.org) a non-profit, domestic violence agency is hiring for a full time Development Associate. The Development Associate is responsible for providing implementation, coordination and support of development activities, including but not limited to: Foundation Relations; Gift Processing/Donor Database; Direct and Electronic Mail/Solicitations; Publications/Newsletter/E-Newsletter; Marketing, Public Relations, and Development Communications. The Development Associate will report to the Senior Director.
- Donor Database: Manage and update donor database(s)on an ongoing basis
- Donor Database/Donations: Ensure that all donations are recorded in the database in a timely manner, and that acknowledgements are sent out to donors promptly
- Donor Database/Donations: Review online monthly donations, code them appropriately and ensure that any tribute donations are sent out (as indicated per the donation) in a timely manner
- Grants: Identify, research, cultivate, and solicit foundation, corporate and individual donors to support the mission and goals of Laurel House, including generation of Letters of Intent (LOI) and grant submissions, as well as completion of grant reports by due date
- Grants: Maintain an updated calendar of due dates of grant progress and final reports
- Fundraising/Communications: Create, or assist with creating, an annual development calendar
- Fundraising/Communications: Develop written newsletters on a quarterly basis. Ensure that newsletters get printed, stuffed, sealed and mailed on schedule
- Fundraising/Communications: Develop electronic newsletters and communications. Ensure that at least one e-communication is sent out per month
- Fundraising: Compose appeal/fundraising letters. Ensure letters get printed, stuffed, sealed and mailed on schedule
- Fundraising: Represent Laurel House to professional groups and organizations that are in the process of conducting – or have conducted – special events or fundraisers to benefit Laurel House, as requested
- Fundraising/Awareness: Assist with special events as needed
- Fundraising/Awareness: Represent agency at professional/community groups and organizations as requested (including speaking presentations)
- Awareness: Participate in staffing information tables as needed at community events, resource fairs, etc.
- Website/Social Media: Ensure that website is kept up to date (events, wish list etc.), and that changes requested to other content are completed in a timely fashion
- Website/Social Media: Coordinate and manage Laurel House social media accounts
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- eTapestry experience preferred or ability to quickly learn this data base is essential
- Ability to implement multi-faceted projects simultaneously, and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Highly motivated with a passion for the mission of Laurel House;
- Strong development-related technology skills
- Organized; detail oriented; accurate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office, E-Tapestry (or another donor database), Constant Contact, Adobe Pro
- Ability to respond effectively to supervision, while also being able to work with minimal supervision when necessary; self-starter
- Valid PA Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
**Please be sure to submit a cover letter, along with your resume. **
Director of Strategic Initiatives-Arcadia University
The President of Arcadia University seeking a Director of Strategic Initiatives as a support to the Office of the President. The Director will drive projects from the office that will fulfill the vision and short- and long-term goals including social innovation as a strategic initiative. This position reports directly to the President and is expected to deliver on a wide variety of administrative and executive duties, special projects, and initiatives of the President’s office and University’s priorities. The ideal candidate has positive energy and is a critical thinker with the ability to manage competing priorities and matters of urgency. The Director is a member of President’s Cabinet and must be able to set goals and drive the leadership team through project management. The candidate must have strong writing skills and the ability to drive multiple projects through to completion while maintaining the executive-level standards of quality assurance and compliance with university policies and procedures.
Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia’s Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to hiring manager.
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://careers-arcadia.icims.com/jobs/ and submit a cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references. Application review will begin immediately.
For full consideration will be given to applications submitted by April 12th.
Arcadia University seeks candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia University encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. All offers of employment are conditional based on successful completion of a background check.
NONPROFIT BOARD OF DIRECTOR POSITIONS
iRun4Life, (http://www.irun4life.com/) iRun4Life, Inc.’s mission is to help combat childhood obesity by establishing fun, noncompetitive after school elementary school running programs for boys and girls. Our focus is to teach children about exercise, healthy nutrition and giving back to the community. We believe that if children learn to love exercise at an early age and realize how fun it is to feel healthy and strong, then they will maintain an active and healthy lifestyle throughout their lives.
We are looking for energetic and fun people to join our Board of Directors. You must like working with a great team of people, and helping elementary school children get healthy and fit. Below are descriptions of the open positions. To learn more or inquire about a position, email Judy at judy@iRun4Life.com.
- Secretary – Attends and schedules monthly Board meetings and takes minutes of each meeting. Gathers agenda topics and creates monthly agenda. Coordinates all correspondence among the Board. Maintains and updates Board Manual, Board’s Biographies, and all other organizational documentation. Assists the President and Administrative Assistant. Helps with the coordination of the 3K Race meetings, and volunteers and attends the annual School Director meeting in January.
- Treasurer – Strongly prefer someone with a financial background and experience. Maintains and reviews the budget and advises the Board on all financial information. Maintains the checkbook and pays all bills. Reviews and pays corporate taxes. Prepares monthly financial statements for monthly Board meetings. Helps with the coordination of the 3K Race, and attends the annual School Director meeting in January.
- School Outreach Coordinator – Helps expand the iRun4Life running program into new elementary schools through email and possible school visits. Is the liaison between the School Directors and iRun4Life, and advises School Directors on any program questions. Attends monthly Board meetings and the annual School Director meeting in January. Helps with the coordination of the 3K race in May.
Girls Empowered, Inc. (www.girlsempowered.org) is a new nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering girls from elementary through high school by offering workshops and other special programs in the community on relevant topics for girls today. We are now forming a board of directors and looking for a diverse group of women and men to serve. Qualifications include: 1) Must be a minimum of 21 years of age, 2) Reside or work in Bucks County, PA, 3) Demonstrate a clear understanding of the mission of Girls Empowered and a desire to work towards this mission, 4) Demonstrate a clear understanding of the workings of a nonprofit organization, 5) Be able to commit to raising or donating a minimum of $500 to Girls Empowered annually, and 6) Demonstrate afirm willingness to serve. Interested applicants should contact Dawn Haaz at email@example.com.
FCP Conversations Online
Foundations Community Partnership Announces: FCP Conversations Online: Bucks County Non-Profit Leaders
We’re delighted to announce the launch of “FCP Conversations Online” a new digital broadcast series!
Each Conversation Online features a non-profit leader in Bucks County. The purpose of the broadcast is to educate the community about today’s issues, local programs that are making a difference, and how anyone can be part of the solution.
Click on the “listen” to jump to our Youtube channel or view the latest interviews below! Once you’re there, be sure to click on “subscribe” so you won’t miss an episode!
Numerous nonprofits have indicated to us that they are in search of Board members with various backgrounds. If you have an interest in joining a Board, please let the Catalyst Center for Nonprofit Management know and we will help to match you up with a nonprofit whose mission you are interested in.